Freebird Gas Storage, LLC
- Type of facility: Depleted natural gas reservoir
- Location: Lamar County, Alabama (110 miles northwest of Birmingham)
- Working volume: 11.2 bcf (includes 1.44 bcf owned by Northwest Alabama Gas District)
- Max injection: 350 MMcfd
- Max withdrawal: 305 MMcfd
- Owner: ENSTOR, 87 percent/Northwest Alabama Gas District, 13 percent.
- Operator/ Manager: ENSTOR
Freebird Gas Storage, LLC ("Freebird") is a high-deliverability, multi-cycle natural gas storage facility located in Lamar County, Alabama and is interconnected with Tennessee Gas Pipeline's 500 Leg in Zone 1. Tennessee shippers and TGP 500 Pool traders can access Freebird through segmentation and pooling service on Tennessee. Customers of Freebird include utilities, power generators, gas marketing firms and trading firms.
Services offered at Freebird are firm storage as well as park and loans. All services at Freebird are offered at market based rates. Freebird can tailor terms to suit customers' individual needs.