Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC): (www.ferc.gov)
The FERC is an independent federal agency that regulates and oversees energy industries in the interest of the public. This includes oversight of interstate natural gas transportation and storage facilities. The FERC monitors and regulates ENSTOR's development, construction and operations as a section 7(c) certificated facility under the Natural Gas Act. FERC issues Standards for Business Practices for Interstate Natural Gas Pipelines which provides major guidance for operating this facility as well.
Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (DOT): (www.phmsa.dot.gov)
The Office of Pipeline Safety of The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) (as a division of the Department of Transportation) ensures safety in the design, construction, operation, maintenance and spill response planning of gas transportation pipelines and their related facilities in the United States Specific regulations cover areas including but not limited to materials, construction, operations, integrity management, and personnel qualifications of employees and contractors. PHMSA personnel routinely inspect all areas of pipeline operations. Additionally, thru the PIPES Act of 2016, to ensure the overall integrity and safe operation of underground storage facilities to protect the public, operating personnel and the environment.
- Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC): (www.rrc.state.tx.us)
- Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ): (www.tceq.texas.gov)
- Mississippi Oil and Gas Board (MSOGB): (www.ogb.state.ms.us)
- Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ): (www.mdeq.ms.gov)
- Alabama Oil and Gas Board (AOGB): (www.gsa.state.al.us)
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM): (www.adem.state.al.us)
- Oil Conservation Division (OCD): (www.emnrd.state.nm.us/ocd)
- New Mexico Environmental Department (NMED): (www.env.nm.gov)
Multiple state agencies regulate and oversee aspects of Enstor's operations and facilities including emissions from compressor engines and downhole cavern/reservoir integrity. These agencies routinely perform inspections and audits to ensure compliance with their specific regulations.
Enstor's facilities and operations are maintained in accordance and compliance with various local agencies and municipalities.