Bay Gas Storage Facility
Enstor's Bay Gas Storage facility-comprised of five high-deliverability underground natural storage caverns-provides safe and reliable storage solutions in southwest Alabama.
- Location: Southwest Alabama
- Total Working Gas Capacity: 20.4 Bcf
- Injection Capacity: 750 MMcfd
- Total Withdrawal Capacity: 2,400 MMcfd
- Pipeline Connections: Florida Gas Transmission, Gulf South Pipeline, Transco's 4A Lateral
- Commercial Operation: 1994
Located about 40 miles north of Mobile, Alabama, the facility is the easternmost salt dome storage facility in the Gulf Coast region.
Bay Gas has direct pipeline interconnections with major interstate pipelines, including Florida Gas Transmission, Gulf South Pipeline and Transco's 4A Lateral. This provides access to upstream supplies, LNG exports and Gulf Coast markets.
Additional cavern and associated pipeline expansion opportunities will be evaluated and constructed based on market demand for transportation and storage services at the facility.Benefits
- Provides a safe and reliable natural gas storage solution
- Easternmost salt dome storage facility in Gulf Coast and "last stop" for Florida markets
- Supports the country's growing demand for cleaner energy sources
- Promotes U.S. energy security and a stronger Southeast economy