ENSTOR Waha Storage Hub
- Type of facility: High deliverability, multi-cycle salt cavern gas storage
- Location: At the Waha trading pool in West Texas
- Pipeline Access: Up to 12 pipelines serving various trading regions of the US
- Working Capacity: Up to 10 bcf, with high turn capability
- Peak Injection Capacity: 450,000 MMBtu/day
- Peak Withdrawal Capacity: 800,000 MMBtu/day
- Owner/Operator/Manager: Enstor
- Estimated Online Date: 2013
The ENSTOR Waha Storage Hub is strategically located at the Waha trading point in West Texas with ultimate access to a dozen directly connected pipelines in the immediate vicinity. The ENSTOR Waha Storage Hub will provide access to West Coast, Mid-Continent and Gulf Coast markets, plus access to the rapidly growing gas supply plays in the Permian Basin including the Leonard (Avalon) shale, the Wolfberry shale and the Bone Springs.
Whether the need is to provide variable gas supply to the power industry to support load following or renewable integration, or to provide reliable gas supply to pipeline and distribution customers during the unpredictable winter months, ENSTOR Waha Storage Hub stands ready to serve the industry. This multi-cycle storage facility will afford customers the flexibility to handle seasonal, daily and even hourly load swings due to demand or supply variations. The gas storage and hub services, coupled with approximately 7 Bcf/day of area third party pipeline take-away capacity, provides the liquidity to ensure access to gas supply or market is available when desired.