ENSTOR Freebird Gas Storage
- Type of facility: Depleted natural gas reservoir
- Location: Lamar County, Alabama, 110 miles east of Birmingham
- Working volume: 11.2 bcf (includes 1.44 bcf for NW Alabama Gas Distric)
- Max injection: 350 MMcfd
- Max withdrawal: 305 MMcfd
- Owner: ENSTOR, 84 percent/Northwest Alabama Gas District, 16 percent.
- Operator/ Manager: ENSTOR
The ENSTOR Freebird Gas Storage facility is located in Lamar County, Alabama, 110 miles east of Birmingham. ENSTOR Freebird is strategically located on the Tennessee 500 line, a major natural gas transportation pipeline from the Gulf Coast supply basins to northeastern and southeastern U.S. markets. This facility has historically been largely shielded from hurricanes as evidenced by its uninterrupted operation during and after Hurricane Katrina.
The facility provides gas storage services for natural gas distribution companies, power generators, natural gas marketers and producers.
To inquire about firm storage or to request additional information, contact:
Tom Van Matre
Hub Services Manager
Long-Term Hub Services Manager
Hub Services Analyst
Scheduling and Nominations